Take a picture of your favorite tree and enter to win Carstairs Moolah!
To celebrate arbor day, Carstairs Heritage Centre will be running a two-part tree photo contest in conjunction with the Carstairs Nature Space Committee and Agricultural Society. Prizes are divided into two age categories and are for Carstairs Chamber Moolah to spend in participating local businesses.
|Ages 5-16||Ages 16+|
- Spring Entry photographs must be submitted by email between April 30 and May 16.
- Submissions must also include a short bio of the photographer.
- The tree must be the FOCUS of the picture.
- Submissions are limited to two per family.
- Submit a second photo of the SAME tree between August 30 and September 18 to be showcased in our in-person gallery display.
- By participating in the contest, you are consenting to the use and display of your photos by the Carstairs Heritage Centre.
Trees are an important part of our environment and it is time that we showcased them! Take a picture of your favorite tree and send it, along with some information about why you like it so much and a little bit about yourself, to firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered into our contest.
Make sure you include your age in that description! To encourage our youngest photographers there will be a separate category of Ages 5-16 for them to compete.
Part One will run from April 30 to May 16 and will show what your tree looks like in early spring. All submissions will be showcased through a digital exhibit on the Museum website. The second part of the contest will run in the fall (August 30 to September 18) which gives you the opportunity to take a picture of the SAME tree, now in full leaf.
Both pictures will then be displayed side-by-side in our gallery space, making a forest of the trees in Carstairs.
Prizes will be given to the Top 3 photographs in the children’s section as well as the Top 3 of the adult submissions. The winners of the Spring Section will not be eligible to win the prizes of the fall, though they will be marked as winners in the display.